Nominations accepted February 1, 2019 through October 1, 2019
The American Leadership Forum of Tacoma/Pierce County is comprised of individuals who:
- have demonstrated a capacity for leadership in their chosen fields and the community
- exhibit interest and concern for the future of the community
- reflect the highest levels of integrity, energy, creativity and commitment in service to the community
- represent Tacoma/Pierce County’s diversity (physical ability, racial, gender identity, age, ethnic, geographical, sexual orientation, occupational, religious and political)
- have a willingness to learn about and collaborate with people whose culture, background, life experiences and background may be different from their own
Nominee’s Full Name
Preferred Mailing Address
Approx. Age of Candidate
Nominee City of Residence (Nominee must either work or live in Pierce County)
How long have you known this person and in what capacity?
Please confirm that your nominee is aware of your nomination and you have discussed the importance of a commitment to the following:
- Expected 100% attendance at each class session – 11 monthly sessions (Friday’s), one week in September and overnight in January.
- $1,000 required minimum personal commitment contribution to be paid at the time of acceptance in the class - If necessary, alternate payment arrangements can be made.
- $9,000 is the full cost of the program ($8,000 + $1,000 minimum personal commitment). We ask those selected and/or their employer to look for ways to cover as much of the full cost of training as possible. Monthly/quarterly payments over time are a great way to do so. ALF is committed to remaining a needs-blind organization - the Selection Committee is unaware of a nominees' financial capacity. Please see scholarship information below.
- Availability of scholarships: Scholarships will be available for portions of the total program cost for those unable to fully fund their participation thanks to the loyal support of our foundation partners and Senior Fellow (graduates) annual donations. To discuss financing options, please call Beth in the ALF office.
- It is not unusual for a candidate to not be selected their first year in the pool due to the rolling nomination pool and the balance ALF strives for in seating classes. Nominations remain active in the nomination pool for three consecutive years.
- ALF will request a new or updated Statement of Interest (SOI) form from all nominees in the selection pool (in September/October each year). The SOI is required for consideration. ALF will contact nominees directly for this information.
Please check here to confirm you have discussed the items above with your nominee.
Nominee’s Category or Profession (check those that apply)
Military (Active or Retired)
Does the nominee see his or her long-term future in Tacoma/Pierce County?
Reasons why you feel the nominee will be a valuable addition to the ALF network and mission (include nominee’s public service interests
Describe how the nominee would contribute to the diversity of the class (include racial, ethnic, age, religious, political, occupational, geographic and other aspects that reflect the diversity of Tacoma/Pierce County).
Please list other ALF Senior Fellows who may be a reference for this nominee
PLEASE EMAIL OR FAX A BIOGRAPHY OR RESUME TO THE ALF OFFICE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE (email@example.com or 253-284-2281).
You will receive a confirmation email once this form is submitted. IF YOU DO NOT, please call the ALF office to verify receipt. 253-284-2280. Thank you.