Mission and Cornerstones
The mission of the American Leadership Forum (ALF) is to join and strengthen a community of diverse leaders in Pierce County to better serve the public good.
The vision is that this network provides leadership development and ongoing support of leadership issues in the county with strong support from Senior Fellows and major organizations in the region.
• Building trust and networks among diverse leaders
• Motivating leaders to be catalysts for positive community change
• Strengthening collaborative leadership skills in the
arts of democracy (i.e., active listening, creative conflict, mediation, negotiation, political imagination, public dialogue, public judgment, celebration and appreciation)
• Exploring the interconnectedness of communities within a region
• Enriching and renewing personal values while fostering a balance between being and doing
• Understanding and empowering self and others
• Exploring, understanding, and valuing diversity
• Inspiring leaders to a lifetime of active public engagement